Thursday, June 29, 2006

Letting Go to Know the Truth

Saying NO, especially if you are not used to it, will definitely be something hard to do for old friends and people whom you think considered you really as a friend. Most of the time, I feel myself being forced to go to special occasions, and I would rather stay at home, write articles or maybe watch some DVD movies or series than spend time with friends.

The experience I have had is really something that has made me resort to think twice nowadays. People who befriend you for the reason of knowing you can help them has become common and after some time, well, they go as quickly as they came. Sad but true, this is the real world so such things should only be expected. There is no room for self-pity today since if you want to survive, you have to show that you are strong and focused. People who would not share the same outlook would love to see a person fail, and honestly, this becomes sickening, but no one can control nor say what a person has to do. We all have our priorities. Not fixing this will lead to a chaotic life. For friends, they will be there, but some will go and will want nothing to do with you. That is a fact and no one can deny that preferences in the friends they want to have will always be a factor. In my case, I don’t have any preferences and taking it from my favorite quote “Beggars cannot be choosers.”

I view life as a movie. It has a beginning and an end. All things need to end at one point and all that is left is to script it in the way you would want to end it, with credits or without and of course if it is happy or a debacle.

No comments: