Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Looking Back... Moving Forward...

Funny how time flies. Treasure some memories, seeing old faces, reminiscing bout the good times. Most of them would bring a smile to my face, but also bring some forgettable moments at that. Some would haunt me to this day, some would not. But one thing that’s for sure, seeing old faces you have not been communicating with in the past year truly warms the heart.

Actually, flings, links to people will only be natural. Seeing them again will bring mixed emotions, unexplainable feelings. Laughing about them, or just choosing to change the topic. How I wish I had a time machine to relive those moments. I bet most people would want this as well, memories are treasures that are irreplaceable and will forever be on the person’s memories.

There was supposed to be a gathering sometime this week. I couldn’t wait to go there, see old friends and share old times. But then again feelings cannot be commanded and it would be selfish of me to think of spoiling a gathering for people who would be better of enjoying this rare occasion. I am just a man, a normal man and stepping back is something that can be termed as a “gentleman’s gesture” as said to me by my best friend, the organizer of the whole thing.

Why bother to complicate a life that has been devoted to purely fulfilling tasks and taking care of my only precious gift, that of which is my daughter. Nothing else matters right now, and maybe, just maybe I will still believe in what I stand for, that of which is to stay alone for now. Adding problems is something I can surely do without for now. And outside my daughter and family, I don’t really want to inherit another person in my circle of trust, if they are not deserving. Not meant to be harsh, but if you truly are who you claim to be, then maybe it can be done without bounds. But if there are people who are more deserving than my friendship and care, I am always prepared to step back of the limelight and give you center stage. Heck I don’t even want to be in the limelight for all I care.

A note for the people who want to see me fall, I will not waste my time enumerating who you people are. I don’t care who you are, and what you are. I have a life to live, so I guess you should start thinking of one as well. A special note to pretenders, one final request… please lay off and let me be in peace.

No comments: