Thursday, March 30, 2006

A Burn Out and Recovery Period

Moving on, trying to organize my thoughts, prioritizing my goals. Well, these are just some of the things going on around my mind right now. I think I may have bitten off more than I can chew. Some months ago, I felt like I could do anything. Take on more than one job, aside from this job in trying to make a venture grow and become a hit. While I am confident I am on the right road, I wanted to excel in my writing profession as well. Internet related work cropped up one by one, and I found myself handling more jobs than I can handle. Talk about keeping myself busy, I think I am on the verge of a burn out. Focus is no longer there, and the fire I once had is missing. I am struggling right now to find my identity once again; the hyperactive child in me is still on vacation.

How to find it again? Well unlike in previous years of success, I am on a downward slide. Don’t know why though. Maybe because of certain setbacks, losing confidence or maybe it’s because I simply chose to concentrate on my own life and am still in dreamland. I just hope I don’t get to convenient with my setup. I hope to make something out of these plans. Patience is there but time is not cooperating. Problems exist but I choose to try and live with them, no matter how hard they are. Friends are around, but I think it is time for me to move on and look for better paths. If I have grown up from my past experiences, I guess I have to get towards the next stage, and that is to try and make something out of my long term goals.

As far as individual accomplishments, I think more or less I have attained them already. With so much to learn and experience, I believe that the best is yet to come. I yearn for comfort and success up to this point. But it is really more of wanting icing on my success as a father, friend, son and big brother. There are all that matter right now, and with God’s guidance, I believe that I will someday see the light for what is due to me and the people around me.

No comments: